How do we avoid burnout in ministry? Many of us are used to going at 90 miles an hour, firing on all cylinders 24/7, and rarely looking out for ourselves. But if we’re honest, most of us know we can’t keep that up. So how do we continue to do good student ministry for the long haul? On this episode, we brought back James Sabin, the youth and family pastor at Kingdom Church in Westover, WV. The last time James was on the podcast was episode 34, where he talked about his own burnout story and how to overcome burnout. Today, with that season behind him, James talks about how to avoid burnout, the importance of rhythms, why we should stay connected, and so much more!
Listen here or on your favorite podcast app (links near the end of this post).
Links mentioned during this episode:
- Follow James on Instagram: @jamessabin13
- Subscribe to James’ podcast: https://podcast.downloadyouthministry.com/youth-ministry-soul-keeper (and on most podcast apps)
- Read Steve’s blog at https://stevecullum.com
- Follow Steve on Twitter: @stevecullum
- Follow Student Ministry Connection on Instagram: @studentministryconnection
- Follow Student Ministry Connection on Twitter: @stuminconnect
Sponsor for this episode of podcast: G Shades – https://gshades.org (Use code CONNECTION to save $20 off your next order)
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. By clicking them, Steve may receive commission to support this ministry.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app, including these listed below:
If you like what you hear, be sure to like, subscribe, share, and comment! Thanks, be sure to get connected, and may God bless your ministry!