Video games have been a growing influence our culture for a while now. Ever since the 1970s, kids have been jumping into virtual worlds to compete with others, go on adventures, solve puzzles, and more. And while there are many positives about games, there are also many negatives. So how do we navigate that with the students in our youth group and how to we help parents navigate it with their kids? Our guest on this episode is Drew Dixon, author of the book, Know Thy Gamer: A Parent’s Guide to Video Games. Drew is an avid gamer himself, is a father of gamers, co-founder of Love Thy Nerd, and has a history of serving in student ministry. In addition to sharing about his book, he provides some valuable tips for helping you and the parents in your ministry.
Listen right here or in your favorite podcast app (links near the end of this post).
Links mentioned during this episode:
- Buy Drew’s book at https://amzn.to/3wraCgU
- Enter to win a free copy of Drew’s book (until February 28, 2023) at https://gleam.io/0fUpk/know-thy-gamer-book-giveaway
- Follow Drew on Twitter: @_drewdixon
- Learn more about Love Thy Nerd at https://lovethynerd.com
- Read Steve’s blog at https://stevecullum.com
- Follow Steve on Twitter: @stevecullum
- Follow Student Ministry Connection on Instagram: @studentministryconnection
- Follow Student Ministry Connection on Twitter: @stuminconnect
Sponsor for this episode of podcast: G Shades – https://gshades.org (Use code CONNECTION to save $20 off your next order)
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. By clicking them, Steve may receive commission to support this ministry.
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app, including these listed below:
If you like what you hear, be sure to like, subscribe, share, and comment! Thanks, be sure to get connected, and may God bless your ministry!