Episode 74 of The Student Ministry Podcast features a conversation with Todd Rhoades around what many are calling The Great Resignation, the phenomena in our current culture consisting of many people resigning from their jobs. And the church is not immune to it. We discuss the implications for the church as a whole and for those of us in student ministry.
Todd has invested over 30 years in serving churches, having served as a worship pastor for over 15 years, a church elder for more than a decade, and in various ministry leadership roles in both the business and non-profit sectors. As the original founder and developer of ChurchStaffing.com, Todd fundamentally changed the way thousands of churches search for pastors and staff on the internet. Most recently, Todd’s work with Leadership Network has provided him exposure to the innovative trends in today’s church and inside knowledge of how healthy churches operate and uses it to help churches find a healthy, long-term fit for their next team member. A graduate of Cedarville University, Todd lives in Bryan, OH with his wife, Dawn.
Listen to the podcast here or on your favorite app/service (links near the end of this post).
Todd’s blog posts about The Great Resignation:
- What This Means for the Big “C” Church
- Why People are Leaving
- The Diminishing Church Staff Workforce
- Church Staff Supply and Demand
- 5 Staffing Trends that Will Affect Your Church
Other links mentioned during this episode:
- Chemistry Staffing website – ChemistryStaffing.com
- Follow Todd on Twitter: @toddrhoades
- Read Steve’s blog at https://stevecullum.com
- Follow Steve on Twitter: @stevecullum
- Follow The Student Ministry Podcast on Instagram: @thestudentministrypodcast
- Follow The Student Ministry Podcast on Twitter: @stuminpod
- Subscribe to the the Youth Ministry Mavericks Podcast for a future episode featuring Steve: https://youthministrymaverick.com
Sponsors for this episode of the Student Ministry Podcast:
- G Shades – https://gshades.org (Use code TSMPOD to save 10% off)
- MinHub – https://minhubsync.com/smp
If you would like to support The Student Ministry Podcast, check out our website and click the “Become a Patron” button: http://thestudentministrypodcast.com
Note: Some of the links above are affiliate links. By clicking them, Steve and The Student Ministry Podcast might receive commission to support this ministry.
Subscribe to The Student Ministry Podcast any of the following platforms:
If you like what you hear, be sure to like, subscribe, share, and comment! Thanks and may God bless your ministry!
Thank you all for the last 5+ years of The Student Ministry Podcast!!!!